Condition of Guarantee
S.T. Dupont lighters, pens (cartridges excluded), watches (leather straps excluded) and other accessories are guaranteed defect free for up to two years from the date of purchase, subject to normal usage conditions and adherence to the instructions for use recommended by S.T. Dupont.
In the event that a product needs to be repaired during this guarantee period, the repair will be undertaken by S.T. Dupont (parts and labour). The repair is ensured provided that:
- the product has not been subjected to shock, immersion, etc.
- the problem has not been caused by inappropriate handling, fair wear and tear or failure to maintain the product (e.g. clogging).
- the product has not been repaired in any way by any after-sales service other than that of S.T. Dupont or been interfered with by any person not approved by S.T. Dupont.
- the product has not been modified in any way from its original condition.
Likewise, the rules are applicable for the following product categories::
- The lighter has not been dismantled in any way other than is necessary for changing the flint or refilling the gas (according to the instructions for use).
- The pen has not been dismantled in any way other than is necessary for changing the cartridge (according to the instructions for use). This guarantee does not affect your statutory legal rights especially with regard to legal guarantees against faults or latent defects.
If a service becomes necessary, the customer is advised to contact a Service Center or an approved S.T. Dupont retailer directly in their country. The guarantee card, copy of the sales receipt and the customer's name and address should be included with any article.
**We strongly suggest that you send your package using a tracked courier service.We cannot be held responsible for the loss of your package, if you use a method of transport that does not track package movements.**
If, after examination, it is decided that your product cannot be repaired, you will be sent a letter explaining the fault, together with your product in its present condition.